1. Govern the people with dignity, and people will be respectful. Treat the people in a kind way, and people will work with diligence. Elevate the virtuous and mentor the uneducated, and people will trust you.
2. I haven’t yet met a man who appreciates virtue more they appreciate female beauty.
3. Whoever, having lived to the age of forty, only causes resentment is a dead man.
4. Sometimes we see a lot, but we don’t notice the main thing.
5. Everyone can become a noble husband. All that is needed is the resolve to be one.
6. Virtue is not left to stand alone. He who practices it will have neighbors.
7. If they spit you in the back then you are ahead.
8. A noble person helps people to see the good in themselves and will not teach people to see the bad in themselves. And a lowly person will do the opposite.
9. A noble person thinks about what is appropriate. A lowly person thinks about what is to his benefit.
10. By three methods we may learn wisdom: First, by reflection, which is noblest; Second, by imitation, which is easiest; and third by experience, which is the bitterest.