1. Desires are necessary to keep life moving.
2. Gratitude is the result of a high level of human moral development. You can’t find it in rude people.
3. Great works are performed not by strength but by perseverance.
4. Since mainly men were able to write, all ills in the world were ascribed to women
5. A horse that can count to ten is a remarkable horse, not a remarkable mathematician.
6. All miracles can be explained by either novelty or ignorance.
7. If we wait every time for the last impediment to be removed we will never be able to do anything.
8. Tomorrow is a great deceiver, and its deception never loses the charm of novelty.
9. A man must read what he wants, for compelled reading is of little good.
10. Curiosity is one of the permanent and certain characteristics of a vigorous intellect.