1. No genius ever existed without a touch of madness.
2. Expecting is the greatest impediment to living. In anticipation of tomorrow, it loses today.
3. The most contemptuous kind of revenge is not to deem one’s adversary worth taking vengeance upon.
4. Most people are angry about insults they have made up themselves by assigning deep meanings to trifles.
5. It is proof of a bad cause when it is applauded by the mob.
6. When a man does not know at which quay his vessel will moor, no wind would be of help for him.
7. As long as there’s an opportunity, live merrily!
8. Much is denied to Caesar because he’s allowed everything.
9. Conscience sometimes prohibits what is not prohibited by laws.
10. If there is no further growth, then the sunset is near.