1. What a happiness it makes to obtain a new result.
2. Time is the best appraiser of scientific work.
3. Fortune favors the prepared mind.
4. In experimental science it is always a mistake not to doubt when facts do not compel affirmation.
5.... There does not exist a category of science to which one can give the name applied science. There are sciences and the applications of science, bound together as the fruit of the tree which bears it.
6. To believe that this or that phenomenon occurs because you want it is the greatest recklessness.
7. Science is the highest personification of the nation because that nation will remain the first which carries the furthest the works of thought and intelligence.
8....It is a matter of honor for a scientist in the face of calamity to sacrifice everything for the sake of countering it.
9. Perseverance in scientific research leads to what I like to call the instinct of truth.
10. A bottle of wine contains more philosophy than all books in the world.