1. If there is any one secret of success, it lies in the ability to get the other person's point of view and see things from that person's angle as well as from your own.
2. Failure is only the opportunity more intelligently to begin again. There is no disgrace in honest failure; there is disgrace in fearing to fail.
3. Everything can always be done better than it is being done.
4. Asking “Who ought to be the boss” is like asking “Who ought to be the tenor in the quartet”. Obviously, the man who can sing tenor.
5. You can do anything if you have enthusiasm. Enthusiasm is at the bottom of all progress.
6. Thinking is the hardest work there is, which is the probable reason why so few engage in it.
7. When I cannot manage events, I let them manage themselves.
8. When a man gets too old to change, why, then, he dies, and his funeral is just a formality.
9. When everything seems to be going against you, remember that the airplane takes off against the wind, not with it.
10. There are more people who capitulate than those who fail.