1. Who cannot tackle small endeavors will hardly succeed in a big feat.
2. Everywhere and at all times, explore what is great and beautiful.
3. It takes little to spot mistakes: to give something better is what accentuates a gentleman.
4. Indefatigable labor overcomes all obstacles.
5. Those who write in a cloudy manner either unwittingly expose their ignorance or deliberately conceal it. They write vaguely about what they understand vaguely.
6. Nothing happens without sufficient reason.
7. The nature is very simple; whatever contradicts this principle must be rejected.
8. Love is as strong as lightning but penetrates without thunder, and even the strongest of its strikes are pleasant.
9. I rank experience higher than a thousand opinions born by imagination alone.
10. Mathematics is valuable for the mere fact that it puts one’s mind in order.