21 июля 365 года в Александрии случилось катастрофическое землетрясение.

It claimed the lives of fifty thousand people and partially destroyed the Wonder of the World – the Pharos of Alexandria. It was erected by the order of the pharaoh Ptolemy II Philadelphus on the Mediterranean island of Pharos off Alexandria, which was named in honor of its founder – Alexander the Great. The gigantic marble tower of the lighthouse rose above the sea. On top of it, the servants kept the fire alive at all times. There were two more earthquakes until the lighthouse was finally destroyed in 1375. But the memory remains, as the word “fara” (meaning “headlight” in English) is derived from the name of the island and the lighthouse of Pharos.