1. The art of reading the newspapers should be taught in schools.
2. Pure mathematics is a subject where we don’t know what we’re talking about and we don't know if what we’re talking about is true.
3. A process which lead from the amoeba to man appeared to the philosophers to be obviously a progress, though whether the amoeba would agree with this opinion is not known.
4. I will never give life for my beliefs because I might be wrong.
5. The lust for power is motivated by fear. Those who are not afraid of their neighbors see no need of dominating them.
6. In reality, man wants certainty rather than knowledge.
7. In all affairs it’s a healthy thing now and then to hang a question mark on the things you have long taken for granted.
8. World history is the sum of all that could be avoided.
9. Two categories of people are most proud of themselves: those who are unhappy and those who suffer from insomnia.
10. Wisdom begins with defeating fear.