1. People will do anything, no matter how absurd, in order to avoid facing their own souls.
2. At the heart of every mental disorder is the unwillingness to experience well-deserved suffering.
3. I’m not what happened to me, I’m what I decided to become.
4. We reach for the past to our parents and our children in the future, whom we will never see but whom we want to take care of.
5. A subject of worries is the first step towards art.
6. What is the difference between a genius and a madman? The madman sees something but cannot articulate it. And the genius can translate it into the language of consciousness.
7. To be “normal” is an ideal aim for the unsuccessful, for all those who are still below the general level of adaptation.
8. The greatest burden a child must bear is the unlived life of the parents.
9. A symbol always contains more than its obvious meaning that immediately comes to mind.
10. If we don’t realize what’s going on inside us, we seem to regard that from the outside as our fate.