1. Of the two men in quarrel, the who is smarter is guilty.
2. It is said that the truth lies between two opposing opinions. That is wrong! What lies in between is a problem.
3. You cannot always be a hero, but you can always stay human.
4. You can only learn what you love.
5. Nothing is more disgusting than the majority: because it consists of a few powerful predecessors, of rogues who adapt themselves, of weak who assimilate themselves, and the masses who imitate without knowing at all what they want.
6. No one knows what his powers are until he uses them.
7. You should not drag the mistakes of youth into old age: the old age has its own vices.
8. There are people counting on the flaws of their enemies; nothing comes of it, however. I always respected the merits of my opponents and benefited from it.
9. You can only advise on a business you’re going to participate in.
10. Two things are very hard to avoid: obtuseness if you stick to your area of training, and unscrupulousness if venture beyond it.