1. There are situations from which one can only break out only with a certain degree of recklessness.
2. To behave decently when the fate favors you is more difficult than when it is hostile.
3. What a boring disease – to safeguard your health with too strict a regimen!
4. For those who don’t trust themselves is would be most reasonable to keep silent.
5. We judge anything destiny sends upon us depending on whether we are in a good spirit.
6. In important business one should care about creating favorable opportunities rather than avoiding missing them.
7. Perfect courage is to do without witnesses what one would be capable of doing with the world looking on.
8. In everyday life, our shortcomings seem at times more attractive than our virtues.
9. Appreciate not what good your friend does, but appreciate his willingness to do so.
10. Sometimes, fortune picks various human misdeeds so skillfully that virtues are born out of them.