1. Those who like to learn are never idle.
2. Laws should make the same sense for everyone.
3. Idle people are always big talkers. The less you think, the more you talk.
4. The majority of men are more capable of great actions than of good ones.
5. Poor is the fate of man! When the mind has just reached its maturity, the body is already getting frail.
6. Useless laws deprive the necessary laws of force.
7. There is no crueler tyranny than that which is perpetuated under the shield of law and in the name of justice.
8. If we only wanted to be happy, it would be easy; but we want to be happier than other people, and that is almost always difficult, since we think them happier than they are.
9. You have to learn a lot to know a little bit.
10. To do great things, you don’t need to be the greatest genius; you don’t need to rise above people, you just need to be with them.