1. The intention that man should be happy is not in the plan of Creation.
2. You would ever look for strength and confidence outside while you should look into yourself. They've always been there.
3. The voice of the intellect is a soft one, but it will not rest until it has gained a hearing.
4. Most people do not really want freedom, because freedom involves responsibility, and most people are frightened of responsibility.
5. Any adaptation is partial death, the disappearance of a modicum of individuality.
6. Love and work are the cornerstones of our humanness.
7. Nothing costs so dearly in life as illness and foolishness.
8. Wit is an outlet for a sense of hostility that cannot be satisfied in any other way.
9. The first man to throw a swearword instead of a stone was the creator of civilization.
10. Religion is a universal obsessive neurosis.