1. All progress is based upon a universal innate desire on the part of every organism to live beyond its income.
2. Speech is something in between thoughts and actions.
3. God cannot alter the past, though historians can.
4. Truth in any area is the viewpoint that either has or will have authority.
5. Metaphysics is rather ordinary physics in the hands of a scholar reaching far for facts.
6. All commerce is an attempt to foresee the future.
7. Man is the only animal that can remain on friendly terms with the victims he intends to eat until he eats them.
8. Disease creates both fear and hope.
9. There are only two types of teachers: those who teach too much and those who don’t teach at all.
10. Ultimately all philosophies are absurd, but some of them are more absurd than others.