1. The hardest thing to learn in life is which bridge to cross and which to burn.
2. The time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time.
3. The fact that an opinion has been widely held is no evidence whatever that it is not utterly absurd; indeed in view of the silliness of the majority of mankind, a widely spread belief is more likely to be foolish than sensible.
4. Technology comes from science, and the latter is guided by technology.
5. Science is what you know, philosophy is what you don't know.
6. When a man tells you he knows the exact truth about anything, you are safe in inferring that he is an inexact man.
7. Patriotism is the willingness to kill and be killed for trivial reasons.
8. One who really has authority will not balk from conceding his mistakes.
9. All exact science is dominated by the idea of approximation.
10. Sadly, people only agree with what is of no essential interest to them.