1. Everything that exists is reasonable; I was and will be an optimist!
2. To be loved more than anything in the world, with a fervent, endless love is the supreme pleasure that a person on earth can experience.
3. To strive forward is to lose the peace of mind, to stay put is to lose oneself.
4. A dead letter is sometimes stronger than a living word.
5. There are insects that die following fertilization. So are our joys: a moment of the fullest enjoyment – and they are gone!
6. Unfortunately, the doors of happiness do not open inward – or otherwise they could be thrust open – but rather outward so little can be done!
7. Old age is known to fulfill the dreams of youth. Jonathan Swift’s example is instructive: in his youth he built an insane asylum, and when he grew old he settled there.
8. Fear is the dizziness of freedom.
9. I have nothing, but I don’t need anything.
10. I failed to see anything because I looked too closely.