1. Some risk is impossible to do without. In a real situation, there must be a person who would say: “All right, it's time! We’ll start in an hour!”
2. In the end, all business operations can be reduced to three words: people, product, and profits. People come first. Unless you’ve got a good team, you can’t do much with the other two.
3. There are times when even the best manager is like the little boy with the big dog, waiting to see where the dog wants to go so he can take him there.
4. It is true that we cannot accept every single suggestion or idea but if you don't get back to the guy and pat him on the back, appreciate the idea, he will never give you another one. This kind of reaction shows the person that he means something.
5. Question: What do you call a country that exports raw materials and imports finished goods? Answer: A colony.
6. Management is nothing more than motivating other people. You can have brilliant ideas, but if you can’t get them across, your ideas won’t get you anywhere.
7. You can do the work of two people, but you can't be two people. Instead, you have to inspire the next guy down the line and get him to inspire his people.
8. The one word that makes a good manager – decisiveness. You can use the fanciest computers to gather the numbers, but in the end you have to set a timetable and act.
9. It's a pity there’s no school where they would teach you to listen.
10. Volume multiplied by zero isn’t great.