1. Many value attention to their request almost as much its fulfillment.
2. Great misfortunes are not lasting, and minor ones are not worth the attention.
3. Health is much more dependent on our habits and nutrition than on medicine.
4. People remain vigorous as long as they’re merry.
5. Our own anger does us more harm than the thing which makes us angry.
6. Most of us can, if we choose, make of this world either a palace or a prison.
7. People often distress themselves, get angry, and drift into coolness with others, for some quite imaginary grievance.
8. For success in life, tact is more important than talent.
9. Be wary and keep cool. A cool head is as necessary as a warm heart.
10. Humor is a life-buoy on the waves of life.