1. No number of accomplices would justify the crime.
2. Praise makes good men better, and bad men worse.
3. The mob has many heads but no brains.
4. All fame is dangerous: good brings envy; bad, shame.
5. Education makes a good man better and a bad man worse.
6. Whoever licks honey from nettle pays too much for it!
7. Hopes are hoops that keep your heart from bursting.
8. Whoever becomes a man at sixteen will be a child in his sixty.
9. The frost hurts not weeds.
10. If the advice is good, it doesn’t matter who gave it.