1. Live like you have to bid farewell to life right now, like any time left for you is an unexpected gift.
2. There is no experience that cannot be borne by anyone.
3. There are people who, by doing you a favor, will immediately announce that you owe them.
4. Show the qualities you can show: Show those qualities then which are altogether in thy power, sincerity, gravity, endurance of labor, aversion to pleasure, contentment with thy portion and with few things, benevolence, frankness, no love of superfluity, freedom from trifling magnanimity.
5. Begin each day by telling yourself: Today I shall be meeting with interference, ingratitude, insolence, disloyalty, ill-will, and selfishness - all of them due to the offenders’ ignorance of what is good or evil.
6. Let your deeds be so as you wish to remember them in your final days.
7. If something seems too difficult, don’t assume it is beyond human ability. Conversely, if a person can do a decent thing, then so can you.
8. It is not death that a man should fear, but rather he should fear never beginning to live.
9. Dream great. Only great dreams can affect human souls.
10. If it is not right do not do it; if it is not true do not say it.