1. You will find rest from vain fancies if you perform every act in life as though it were your last.
2. Harmed is the person who continues in his self-deception and ignorance.
3. A wrongdoer is often a man who has left something undone, not always one who has done something.
4. Know the joy of life by piling good deed on good deed until no rift or cranny appears between them.
5. It is necessary to put an end once and for all to discussions about what a good person should be, and just... to become one.
6. A person must be honest in nature, not in circumstances.
7. Remember that to change thy opinion and to follow him who corrects thy error is as consistent with freedom as it is to persist in thy error.
8. Everyone's worth as much as what he cares about.
9. The best revenge is not to be like your enemy.
10. Short-lived are both the praiser and the praised, and rememberer and the remembered.