1. Nature is an infinite sphere of which the center is everywhere and the circumference nowhere.
2. Every time we look at things not only at a different angle, but also with different eyes – that is why believe that they have changed.
3. Whoever enters the house of happiness through the door of pleasure usually comes out through the door of suffering.
4. We love not person but his faculties.
5. The thought changes depending on the words that express it.
6. The notion of justice is as subject to fashion as women’s jewelry.
7. The heart has arguments the mind isn’t aware of.
8. Man is but a reed, the most feeble thing in nature, but he is a thinking reed.
9. The moral qualities of a person should be judged not by his individual efforts, but by his daily life.
10. Excessive brevity of speech sometimes turns it into a mystery.