1. The ultimate goal of blessed life is bodily health and serenity of the soul.
2. Greater pleasures must be sought by self-moderation.
3. Death does not concern us, because as long as we exist, death is not here. And when it does come, we no longer exist.
4. Freedom is the greatest fruit of self-sufficiency.
5. Thanks be to blessed Nature that she has made what is necessary easy to obtain, and what is not easy unnecessary.
6. He who doesn't find a little enough will find nothing enough.
7. Some have devoted their entire life to preparing the means for life.
8. It is better to endure some suffering to enjoy greater pleasures; it is useful to refrain from some pleasures in order to avoid greater suffering.
9. We value our character as our property, whether it is good and respected by people or not; so we must value the character of others.
10. It’s better to be unhappy with the mind than happy without reason.