1. It matters if you don’t just give up.
2. We are all different – but we share the same human spirit. Perhaps it’s human nature that we adapt – and survive.
3. If you understand how the Universe functions, in a way, you can control it.
4. We are just an advanced breed of monkeys on a minor planet of a very average star. But we can understand the Universe. That makes us something very special.
5. I think computer viruses should count as life … I think it says something about human nature that the only form of life we have created so far is purely destructive. We've created life in our own image.
6. Every article has an antiparticle with which it can annihilate. However, if you ever meet your antiself, don’t shake hands! You will both vanish in a great flash of light.
7. The issue of traveling through time is undecided. But we do not advise you to bet on this issue: what if your opponent cheats as he knows the future beforehand?
8. Someone used to say that scientists and prostitutes take money for what gives them pleasure.
9. One of the outcomes of my disability is a complete change of view: when you know can die early, you know that life is worth it, and there are a lot of things to do.
10. The human race has few reasonable accomplishments. There is a danger that our ability to destroy and harm the environment and each other is evolving much faster than our judgment in using that ability.