1. The solution to every problem is contained within itself.
2. The thing always happens that you really believe in; and the belief in a thing makes it happen.
3. An old tree will burn better, an old horse is safer to ride, old books are more pleasant to read, old wine is more pleasant to drink, old friends are the most trusted.
4. If it keeps up, man will atrophy all his limbs but the push-button finger.
5. Respect is deserved by actions not gained over time.
6. An expert is a man who has stopped thinking. Why should he think? He is an expert.
7. I know the price of success: dedication, hard work, and an unremitting devotion to the things you want to see happen.
8. Give me the luxuries of life and I will willingly do without the necessities.
9. There must be moderation in charity: too much aid can render a good person helpless.
10. A doctor can bury his mistakes, but an architect can only advise his clients to plant vines.