1. If you want to live a happy life, tie it to a goal, not to people or objects.
2. Common sense is actually nothing more than a deposit of prejudices laid down in the mind prior to the age of eighteen.
3. People make me sick, not seas. But I’m afraid science has not found any remedy for that sickness so far.
4. I never think about the future. It comes on its own soon enough.
5. Whoever wants to see the fruits of their labor immediately must become a shoemaker.
6. The process of scientific discovery is, in effect, a continuous flight from wonder.
7. To punish me for my distaste of authority, fate made me an authority myself.
8. The more I am famous, the more stupid I am; and that is undoubtedly the general rule.
9. In my youth, I found that the big toe always ends up making a hole in the sock. So I stopped wearing socks.
10. If people are only good because of fear of punishment and desire for reward, then we are truly pathetic creatures.