1. It's better to do nicely than to speak nicely.
2. Blessed is who expects nothing, for he shall never be disappointed.
3. If you want to be always welcome, serve yourself.
4. They that will not be counseled, cannot be helped.
5. He that lives upon hope will die by hunger.
6. It is easy to see, hard to foresee.
7. If you do not follow reason it will certainly avenge you.
8. Those who are good at making excuses are seldom good for anything else.
9. The gates of wisdom are never shut.
10. Those who would give up essential liberty, to purchase a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.